Effective January 26, 2005
When you visit any website, your computer “talks” with other computers. Each computer asks the others questions, and information passes among them. Except for information or commands you enter yourself, most of this process just saves you the bother of entering all kinds of technical codes. That’s what makes the Web so easy to use.
At UsaUniquelyThai.com, we believe you’re entitled to decide what information you share with us and how it is used, so we answer your questions about privacy up front!
1. Why does UsaUniquelyThai.com gather visitor information?
We gather information with three objectives in mind:
a. To fulfill your order accurately and quickly.
b. To learn how we can improve your shopping experience.
c. To help us meet our commitment to privacy.
When you visit UsaUniquelyThai.com, you have the option of getting a UsaUniquelyThai.com user account, which is required to place an order from UsaUniquelyThai.com. A UsaUniquelyThai.com user account also gives you free access to these valuable features:
• Save your selections for as long as you like.
• Get access to special promotions.
• View delivery details and lead times instantly.
Getting a user account is easy:
• Enter your e-mail address.
• Choose and confirm a password, and you can ask us to remember you automatically.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and e-mail address. UsaUniquelyThai.com will automatically send the friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the site. UsaUniquelyThai.com stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact UsaUniquelyThai.com at djolin@UsaUniquelyThai.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
2. How does UsaUniquelyThai.com remember me automatically?
UsaUniquelyThai.com uses a technology called “cookies” to remember you and the information you are saving. When you visit UsaUniquelyThai.com, we send you back a cookie, a small text file that includes a temporary inquiry number, your IP address, plus any items you’ve chosen. The information we store in cookies is also linked to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site. Your web browser has a special folder on your computer where it keeps cookies. Cookies cannot harm your computer in any way. Only the website that places a cookie on your computer is allowed to read it; no other website may access the cookie UsaUniquelyThai.com places on your computer.
If you are visiting UsaUniquelyThai.com from a computer that only you or your family use, cookies present no security concern. However, if you are using a shared computer in a public environment (i.e. a library, Cyber Café or work), others using that computer to visit UsaUniquelyThai.com can log in as you. Although UsaUniquelyThai.com never displays your credit card information on our website, someone logging in as you could access less confidential data, such as your name or shipping address. If this applies to you, consider choosing not to be “remembered” when you register using a shared computer in a public environment. Instead, log in at each visit.
Cookies make your shopping experience much easier. If you are trying to decide between two sofas, the cookie enables your computer to find those items again without doing a whole new search. Your browser looks in its cookie folder, finds your UsaUniquelyThai.com cookie and tells UsaUniquelyThai.com that you want to look at the same sofas again.
When you add an item to your Shopping Cart, request a price, or place an order, your cookie may hold information with the details of the items you’re considering ordering.
If you don’t want any information stored in a cookie, you can set your browser not to accept cookies, but remember that cookies make your purchases easy. They enable your computer to keep a list of items you’re considering or to place them directly in your Shopping Cart (so you don’t have to re-enter them manually).
3. What visitor information does UsaUniquelyThai.com keep track of?
Information tracked automatically is generic and doesn’t include any personal details:
• When you log onto the Internet, your computer says to your Internet service, “Here I am; talk to me!” by requesting an IP (Internet protocol) address, sort of like asking for a seat at an electronic table with numbered seats. Your Internet service’s computer responds by saying, “OK, for this session, you sit at #12.” Some providers assign you a permanent or “static” IP address, but most use temporary ones. This helps assure your privacy, because it’s difficult - if not impossible - to collect personal information about you via a temporary address.
• Our site keeps a general list of visitors’ IP addresses. This gives us broad, generic information such as how many AOL(r) users log onto UsaUniquelyThai.com and helps us maintain UsaUniquelyThai.com’s compatibility with many different Internet services.
• UsaUniquelyThai.com records browser types and versions so we can answer questions such as, “How many of our visitors were using Netscape Communicator(r) 4.6 last month?” This tells us what features our visitors can make use of and helps us keep our website up to date.
• We record how many people visited each page on our site. This helps answer questions such as, “What items or pages are drawing a lot of interest this month?”
• We may also record which site or search engine referred you to UsaUniquelyThai.com.
This information enhances your shopping experience: images look better, pages load more quickly, and UsaUniquelyThai.com remains compatible with more browsers and systems. Information you enter when you register or place an order makes your shopping experience at UsaUniquelyThai.com easy:
• At any point while you’re browsing, you can place an item in your Shopping Cart. When you’re done browsing, you can review your Shopping Cart. If you want to place an order, indicate the item(s) you wish to order and click the Proceed to Checkout button. Enter your delivery information, including name, address, and preferred contact time/method in case we need to get in touch with you about your order.
• The next screen gives you a price quote for the item(s) you’re ordering, including price and applicable sales tax.
• The Purchase button then displays options for payment: You can enter credit card information here.
4. What does UsaUniquelyThai.com do with this information?
UsaUniquelyThai.com has an absolute commitment to keep your information secure. The information you share with us is used to fulfill your order and to keep you up-to-date on the status of your order. After you place an order, we’ll contact you with information about the order as needed.
The financial institutions processing your payment or your financing application may send us supplemental information if there is a problem in completing the transaction. The retailer / shipper fulfilling your order may send us supplemental information if there is a problem with delivery. This information is used only in processing your order(s) from UsaUniquelyThai.com.
Information about your browser helps us improve the way our site appears on your computer and make sure our site is up to date and compatible with your system. Traffic reports (information about sites that refer visitors to us) help us select the best places to reach people interested in shopping online.
5. Does UsaUniquelyThai.com ever share such information? With whom?
No parties other than UsaUniquelyThai.com collect information on our site. We do not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any of the information you provide to us except to the financial institutions processing your payment or your financing application and the retailers / shippers that produce and/or deliver your order. No third party will solicit you as a result of information within our control.
It is true that the information you provide is subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders. Other than these fairly extreme cases, your personal information will be shared with no one.
6. Can I tell UsaUniquelyThai.com not to gather or keep track of information I’ve provided? How?
Yes. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, but remember that cookies make your purchases easy. They enable your computer to keep a list of items you’re considering or to place them directly in your Shopping Cart (so you don’t have to re-enter them manually).
7. How do I correct or update information about me and my order(s)?
To change, correct, or update information about you or your order prior to shipment, please access the “My Account” area of our website. Alternatively, contact us at djolin@UsaUniquelyThai.com.
8. Can I have my name removed from UsaUniquelyThai.com’s active records? How?
If you would like your name removed from our active records, please send e-mail to djolin@UsaUniquelyThai.com
9. How do I contact UsaUniquelyThai.com with any questions about this policy?
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
3735 West Hemlock St
Oxnard Ca. 93035
10. How will I know if this policy is changed?
If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via e-mail.
Security at UsaUniquelyThai.com
At UsaUniquelyThai.com, our customers are our number one priority. That’s why we go to such great lengths to guarantee the security of all credit card transactions. Our secure server software (SSL) is among the best technology available today. It encrypts (scrambles in code) all personal data you share with us, including your credit card and telephone numbers, name and address. UsaUniquelyThai.com is so confident in our systems that we ensure 100% safety in the transactions you make with us.*
*In the rare event that unauthorized charges are made to your credit card during a transaction with us, you will not be held responsible in any way. Under federal law, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50 of fraudulent charges. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this $50, UsaUniquelyThai.com will cover the entire liability for you, up to the full $50. UsaUniquelyThai.com will cover this liability only if the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own, on purchases made at UsaUniquelyThai.com while using the secure server. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, in order to qualify for the UsaUniquelyThai.com security guarantee, you must undertake any steps required by federal law and your credit card agreement, including any provision requiring you to notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. If you have any questions regarding federal laws, contact your state’s attorney general or the United States Department of the Treasury.
Shopping at UsaUniquelyThai.com
UsaUniquelyThai.com is committed to ensuring your shopping experience is everything you expect it to be.